Creating an online store "turnkey": studio or freelance?
The fish is looking for where it is deeper, and the man - where it is better The entrepreneur, as a rule, is inclined to look for where it is cheaper. And he is right in his own way, trying to order where he sees the most attractive price tag. The main goal of any business is to maximize profits, so everyone wants to minimize costs and expenses.
Creating an online store in a professional studio is more expensive than in an online designer, freelancing or a former classmate. But since when should the work of professionals be cheap? What is more important - is saving on one of the main sources of future income justified? Is this an expense article that should be cut off by hook or by crook?
In this article, we will figure out whether the benefits, convenience and advantages of professional creation of turnkey online stores, how it happens and who needs it, are worth their money.
Here are the main advantages of a successful online store:
- Marketing design. Not just stylish and beautiful, but harmoniously combining the elegance of form with the convenience of function. Professional design relies on the psychology of the consumer and hundreds of features of visual perception. He does not just effectively present your product to the end user, but literally makes him want to make an order right here and now. Literate web design, not afraid of the word, makes people emotionally dependent on the process of shopping on your site, forcing them to return to it again and again.
- Selling copywriting. Yes, the Internet user is very lazy and does not like to read a lot. But do not believe those who say that the text is not selling. It is a professional copyright is the cherished key that launches a motivation mechanism for a potential client to commit the target action. I will tell you even more: the most powerful and effective means of promotion today is the content marketing strategy.
- High usability. The feeling of comfort should not leave your user from the moment you load the main page and to Thank You Page, which he sees after making a purchase.If the site is inconvenient to use: there is no intuitive navigation, the interface is not responsive, the right product is not found, the ordering and payment logic of the order is not thought out, the purchase process itself is long and complicated - you will not achieve high sales figures.
- Uninterrupted. Most likely, you will forever lose the trust of a potential client and will no longer see it in your online store if the site does not work correctly. Especially if a 404 error, for example, begins to appear during financial transactions. Since the operation of an online store is directly related to remittances, a reliable and streamlined CMS is already a matter of principle. This requires the attention of qualified specialists who will have to provide technical support for the site.
- Manufacturability. At the moment, it is not enough for the site to load in 1-2 seconds and work smoothly, without hanging, in any browsers. If the user can not make a purchase in the online store, sitting in a taxi, for example, then the competitiveness of your online business is not at the best level (to put it mildly). The point is that the majority of modern Internet users are owners of mobile devices: smartphones, tablets, PDAs, netbooks, etc.On a good account, in addition to adaptive layout and optimization for mobile, you also need your own mobile application.
- Effective promotion. It's not enough just to create an online store - you need to know about it. Required inbound traffic, and not any, but targeted. This involves a comprehensive audit and development of your business by experienced internet marketers to create an effective promotion strategy. It includes: setting up advertising campaigns and newsletters, conducting marketing campaigns, SEO optimization, constant work with different SMM channels and, of course, quality content marketing.
- Service. The quality of service in trade is equivalent to the quality of the product itself. For online business this is just as true as for the traditional one. Beautiful packaging, timely delivery, multilingualism, politeness of managers, pleasant bonuses and unexpected gifts, a large selection of payment methods, comprehensive product information, useful content, etc. - this is not a complete list of means to win and retain customer loyalty.
And since we are talking about the service in the context of developing an online store, here’s an abbreviated list of the most popular, sought-after features and services:
- design and creation of exclusive design;
- simple CMS with video tutorials, training;
- online shopping cart;
- multifunctional directory;
- product filters;
- introduction of goods into the database (content);
- import / export database of products with Excel support;
- “Smart” site search system;
- semantic core;
- news feed;
- company blog with useful unique content;
- embedded video;
- interactive satellite map;
- automatic sliders;
- Adaptive layout;
- visual effects and animation;
- tools for collecting and processing statistics;
- Connecting Google Analytics and Yandex Metrics;
- one-page purchase;
- quick order (only name + phone);
- integration with social networks;
- communication buttons in Skype, Viber, WhatsApp;
- user's personal account (registration / authorization);
- bonus points system;
- return form;
- feedback form (for example, guestbook);
- subscription form;
- user feedback system;
- rating and evaluation of goods;
- polls and voting;
- branded photos, images, stickers, emoji, icons;
- banners of different types and formats;
- SEO module and optimization;
- Site Map;
- intuitive site navigation system;
- anchor navigation buttons (for example, "go up");
- Thank You Page;
- domain + hosting + corporate mail;
- callback order;
- chat bot or online chat with a consultant;
- CallbackHunter or its alternative;
- informers third-party services;
- online calculator, currency converter;
- hot deals, viewed products, similar, recommended;
- new items, sales hits, promotions, discounts;
- questions and answers (FAQ);
- affiliate program;
- "Wholesale buyers";
- prices for trading platforms;
- SMS notifications to the administrator / clients;
- advertising setting;
- SMM promotion;
- setting up payment systems;
- technical support;
- video production.
Professional development of online store in the studio
The above lists in themselves should suggest that the creation of a quality online store is a very difficult task for one person. Especially, if he has a shortage of time. The development of an online store that will meet the needs of the business and the needs of the target audience requires the participation of a whole team of specialists from different areas of web development and digital marketing:
- Project managerwill lead your project, starting with consultations when filling out the brief and drawing up the TOR, ending with the delivery of a completely finished product.It is a kind of guarantor who is responsible for the quality of work and the observance of deadlines, agreements, helps to control the stages of work.
- Internet marketerwill work out the business: conduct an audit of existing Internet resources, explore a niche, competitors, Central Asia, set up advertising, develop a promotion strategy and give recommendations for development.
- Copywriterwill participate in the creation of semantics, content plan, prototype of the future site, and most importantly - will make your texts sell.
- Web designerturn the store into a “candy”: it will create a unique visual component of the site in accordance with the style of the brand and successful trends, put the necessary accents, make it beautiful and comfortable.
- Front-endthe developerwrite the code, impose an adaptive layout, “revive” it with effects and animation, take into account the requirements for SEO, cross-browser compatibility.
- Back-end developerconfigure CMS, integrates social networks, add basic and any additional modules, functions, features.
- Q & A specialistwill test everything for errors and send the site for revision, help ensure the stable operation of all its modules, increase conversion and improve behavioral factors.
- Depending on the needs of the customer, other specialists are involved in the development:SMMs, SEOs, PRs, audio / video producers, artists…
Creating an online store in a professional studio automatically insures against the majority of possible problems, for example, with quality and deadlines. When ordering an online store on freelancing, an entrepreneur faces many different risks, which, in case of access to unknown and inexperienced performers, become practically guaranteed:
- bad communication, which can be interrupted suddenly;
- lack of proper qualifications (someone else's work may be awarded for their own);
- lack of discipline, coherent intra-team interaction;
- lack of understanding of the specifics of your business;
- poor range of solutions for the tasks;
- the need for constant alterations and tight controls;
- information dumping, resale of source codes or the whole project to competitors;
- “After us even a flood” - your project will be completed on a formal level, but you will not be able to use, refine or transfer it to other hands;
- unpredictable result with delays and deadlines.
The advantages of creating an online store "turnkey"
Creating a turnkey online store in a professional digital studio means getting rid of any headaches associated with the development, launch and promotion of the future site. All possible problems are shifted to the shoulders of the studio staff - experts in their field. The customer only needs to periodically monitor the process of work performance, but even with this the project manager will help him, which in the end will reduce management and other costs.
Working with professionals, you not only receive guarantees, the highest quality on the market and the pleasure of the process itself, but also save. And if finance is a recoverable resource, then with the lost trust of customers and the damaged reputation of the brand, things are much more complicated. Alas, nerve cells and lost time do not recover at all.
To whom the service of creating an online store "turnkey" will be relevant? Any serious business, in which they strive for continuous development and scaling, they value their time and image, love service, quality and professionalism, do not tolerate amateurism and mediocrity, and also do not mind crushing competitors with powerful Western marketing.