Do I need a hull insurance?
Many car owners are wondering: do we need a hull insurance, is it worth spending money on such an expensive pleasure? To correctly answer this question, it is necessary to understand what CASCO is and what advantages it gives us.
What is hull
All car owners are familiar with CTP policies, because without it you do not have the right to drive a car. Does this rule apply to hull insurance? Do I have a hull insurance for a motorist? The answer is simple - no. However, there are exceptions to all the rules. So, if you buy a car on credit, you will have to issue a CASCO policy.
CASCO is a voluntary type of insurance for cars and other vehicles. Insured events for this type of insurance is damage caused to a vehicle as a result of:
- Accident, unlike CTP, is that you will be paid, even if you yourself are responsible for the accident.
- Illegal actions of third parties in relation to your car.
- Impacts on the transport of foreign objects, natural phenomena and external forces.For example, if a tree fell on your car, or an inadequate pedestrian damaged your car, and so on.
When choosing an insurance company, it is worth remembering that tariffs for this type of insurance, as opposed to CTP, are different in different companies. Therefore it is worth contacting several insurance companies that are trusted by the policyholders to calculate the insurance premium. And after receiving the results, choose the most appropriate option. The insurance premium (the amount that auto insurance will cost you) depends on many factors, here are the most significant:
- Characteristics of the car (including its cost, year of manufacture)
- Types of damage that you want to insure (listed above). After all, you do not need to insure a car against all types of damage, for example, against theft, if the model of your car is not among the most frequently stolen.
- Installed alarm systems.
- The number of drivers that will be covered by insurance, their age and driving experience.
- The presence of the franchise and its type (the amount of compensation that you are willing to pay for yourself). That is, if the damage caused to the machine does not exceed the agreed amount,You repair the car with your own money, and you apply to the insurance company only if the damage exceeds the deductible amount. The presence of a franchise can significantly change the cost of insurance in the lower direction. In this case, the unconditional franchise you have to always pay for yourself. For example, if the size of the franchise is 15,000 rubles, and the payment is 20,000 rubles, you will receive only 5,000 rubles from the insurance company.
Hull: pros and cons
One, and perhaps the only significant disadvantage of CASCO, is its high cost. That is, you will have to incur additional costs for the maintenance of the car.
Many believe that they are first-class drivers, but no one is insured against an accident, and even if you are not the cause of the accident, under the CTP policy the maximum payment is 120 thousand rubles. And it does not always cover the costs required for repairs. In this case, under the CASCO policy you can count on a more substantial payment.
In another version. If it still happened, and you are the culprit, then without a CASCO policy you will have to repair the car at your own expense, which can hit the budget hard.And at times exceed the amount that you would have spent on a CASCO policy.
And the cases when you left the house in the morning, and your car was well crushed and hid? This also happens, and in this case CASCO will also protect you from unforeseen expenses.
In addition, for the CASCO policy holders, there is a customer support system in the event of an accident, which includes the free services of the Emergency Commissioners (they will help with the paperwork at the accident site), and the evacuation of the car.