How to become friends with the former?
Friendship is a necessary and wonderful feeling. It accompanies any person throughout his life. On how to become a friend of a beloved man, read the article How to become a friend to him.
But if it happens so that people break up, you can try to keep with your “former” friendly relations. It is not as simple as it seems at first glance. Here are some tips on how to become friends with the former, which will help to improve or restore your relationship, but at a new stage.
- Clearly indicate your intention to be only a friend for the former (and, it is better to say directly about it). In conversation, emphasize the virtues that you value in him, as in a person. Remember, the self-esteem of a man is a rather fragile thing. So if you offend the former with a careless word, it will be much more difficult to remain friends with him. If your former lover leaves, do not try to hold him. This does not make sense, because, most likely, your friendship is not needed. Release him in peace.On the correct attitude to each other after the break, read our article How to communicate with the former.
- Time cures. Friendship is possible after some time, when the passions (from one side or the other) abate.
- Change for yourself (new hairstyle, new dress, makeup). This is your first step towards a new life.
- If the relationship goes smoothly, communicate like good friends. You should not rebel the past, especially - the bad moments of living together. Remember (and always remember) only the good, but without undue enthusiasm. Otherwise, the former may think that you are trying to restore the previous relationship.
- Avoid sex. Often, the former pulls into old love relationships. If you do not want to be dragged into this pool again, sex with the former will have to be decisively excluded.
- Do not be jealous of his new girlfriend. And she will appear necessarily! Everybody must have his own life. Wish them happiness.