How to collect cards?
Watch the video
Kart is a great entertainment. These nimble cars attract the attention of not only children but also adults. Someone attends a paid circuit track on Sundays, and someone has to think how to assemble a go-kart with their own hands. It’s not so easy to do it and often there are questions about the collection of karting. In our article we will describe how to assemble the karting with your own hands. We hope you will succeed.
- The front axle includes a beam, two lugs and turning units of the front wheels. The swivel pin includes an axis and a pivot bushing, which is machined on a lathe. After fitting, the axis is welded to the sleeve at an angle of 98 °.
- From sheet steel 15 mm thick, make a pivot arm. It must have a U-shaped section. A rotary lever is drilled to the pin. The axle pin must form 110 ° with the axle, which is conducted through the middle of the pivot arm and the center of the pivot bushing.
- The rings of the steering joints are welded to the end of the pivot arms. The hub, king pin and bearing bushings are turned on a lathe.The diameter of the king pin itself must be larger than the hole in the sleeves. It is also necessary to cut the channel for lubrication on the pivot and cut the threads that are needed in order to install the grease fittings.
- Press the bronze support sleeves into the pivot sleeve. The swivel pin should rotate easily on the king pin and should not have any backlash. Next you need to install the bearings number 201 and 202 in the socket of the hub. The hub is attached with a crown nut to the axle shaft. Set the spacer between the bearings.
On a lathe make wheels. They are made from 1.5 mm steel sheet. Using 4 M6 bolts, the discs are attached to the hubs and their heads are welded to the hub. Weld the left and right swivel front axle assembly. Connect them with eyelets with the help of pins. Then they need to attach to the front axle. The camber angle of the front wheels should be zero. The angle of the pivots should be 12 °. Manageability and stability of the map depends on the angle of the pivots, camber.
For its manufacture will need a thin-walled pipe with a diameter of 16 mm. The steering column is welded to the center of the wheel.Its rotation occurs in 2 sliding bearings. To the steering column is not shifted in the longitudinal direction, it must be welded thrust rings. Bipod, shoulder of 60-65 mm is welded to the column. The length of the transverse thrust is determined in the process of testing the machine, and it must be adjustable.
The U-shaped eyelet is welded to one end of the thrust, and a steel bushing with an M10 internal thread is inserted and welded into the other, into which a 40-50 mm rod with a locknut and a soldered eyelet is screwed. The transverse link is connected to the helmsman by means of a hinge through the lugs with O8 bolts. All hinges for elimination of a backlash have rubber plugs. Wheels should turn at an angle of 30-35 °. The gap between them and the frame is at least 5 mm. All connections are pinned to the crown nuts.
For flexibility and adaptability to the road is performed with an open rear axle of steel 18ХНВА. At the ends of the axis there should be an M12 thread, a keyway and a mounting neck for 2-row bearings No. 1204.
The hubs are tensioned onto the tapered shanks of the rear axle with nuts and serve as a mount for the rear wheel disks.A bolted, 36-gear dural chain sprocket is mounted to the right hub. On the left - the brake drum from the scooter VP-150. The number of teeth on the sprocket can be changed, depending on engine power, size of wheels, etc.
3 axle bearings clamp on the outer race in the bearing supports. Steel bearing supports with a thickness of 1.5 mm consist of 2 parts and are attached to the frame with 2 bolts M8. The brake disk is attached to the frame with bolts of the left bearing support.
It is made from seamless 30HGSA pipes or from steel 20X or 20. A gauge and a base map are drawn on a level surface with chalk. Exposed front and rear axles. Spars are welded to the front axle, to which the fixing brackets of the rear axle are attached. After checking the correctness of the installation, all other parts of the frame are welded.
A 1.5 mm aluminum sheet is fixed to the frame of stiffness from O12 mm tubes along the contour of the seat with 5 bolts, onto which 20 mm foam rubber is glued to the adhesive tape "88" and pasted over with leatherette. The anatomical seat can be made of fiberglass in a plaster mold. An iron fuel tank of 2 liters repeats the shape of the seat back.Fuel from it is fed by gravity through the faucet motorcycle type. You can use the fuel pumps outboard motors.
- Make of tubes O10 mm, length 18 cm with pads at the ends. For soft cable is used. The gear lever is placed under the steering wheel and connected with a rigid engine.
- Any engine with a volume of up to 50 cm3
- There remains the final stage of how to collect cards, this is the selection of the motor. Better - from Java 50, it is possible from the moped Riga 3 or Stadium 22. The design of the mount depends on the engine model. The position of the motor and the tension of the chain is regulated by locking bolts.
- Front support is fitted to the frame in place.
Now you know how to collect karting.