How to connect a webcam to a computer?
Portable web equipment today has become an indispensable attribute that allows full use of the functionality of the computer and Internet communications. However, many of us, getting a web-device for the first time, get into a difficult situation, since they absolutely do not imagine how to connect the camera to a computer. In this article we will look at the basic ways of connecting the device so that you can communicate in Skype without restrictions.
How to connect a webcam to a computer without an installation disk?
To connect a web camera to your laptop you need to do a few simple steps:
- Locate the USB connector on the system unit, and then connect the cord to it from the portable equipment.
- After that, make sure that the system has detected the drivers for the new device. In the lower right corner of the screen, a window with information showing the current status of the device should appear. For greater reliability, go to the "My Computer" menu and see if the new USB-video equipment has appeared under the local disks of the system.
- Done! You have successfully connected the web device and can proceed to the setting of the functionality.
How to connect a webcam without a disk?
If Windows is unable to independently detect the necessary drivers, do not despair, because you can solve this problem by manually installing the driver.
- You will need to insert the disc into the PC optical drive and follow the installation instructions. As a rule, the boot disk comes with the product itself.
- Initially, the system will prompt for installation. Press the "Next" button.
- Then you will be taken to the menu where you need to confirm your consent to use the terms of the license agreement. Click "I accept the conditions" and "Next."
- In the next two windows, the system will ask for confirmation to install the Hamster archiver and the optimizer TuneUp Utilitie. Uncheck the options and click "Next."
- Then specify the path to install the program.
- Done! After a few seconds of waiting, you can try out your camera in action.
If you are trying to connect a webcam that came without an installation disk, then you need to find the program you need on the Internet.To do this, enter into the search engine Google or Yandex request with the model and brand of your device and add the words "driver download".
As a rule, the drivers you need will be available for download on the first six search engine suggestions. Just save the installation file and go through the installation procedure, similar to the previous method.
Setting up and testing the webcam
After the device is installed on your computer, you need to check its functionality. There are several ways to do this: either do this through ancillary programs, or by using the device control window.