How to connect the camera to the radio?
Watch the video
Until recently, many drivers were very skeptical of rear-view cameras, but nowadays both car owners and manufacturers have become more attentive to safety. In many models of cars, the camera even appeared in the standard package.
We will tell you how to connect the camera to the radio independently.
When buying a rear view camera, pay attention not only to the manufacturer and price, but also to its appearance. Some motorists confuse the rear view camera with the front camera. It is simple to distinguish them: the front camera provides the correct image, the back one is a mirror image.
To install the camera, follow these steps:
- Make sure the radio has an LCD screen;
- Check for the presence of standard wires that come with the camera: black - “minus”, red - “plus”, and yellow for video transmission.Plus and minus connect to the wiring backing, respectively: plus to the plus and minus to the minus. This is done so that the camera automatically turns on when the reverse gear is engaged;
- Connect the yellow wire at one end to the camera itself, and the other to the car stereo. On the appropriate connector should be video in. To lay the wire, it is necessary to partially remove the inner lining of the car. Watch carefully to never bend or pinch the wire;
- There are also rear-view cameras with a wireless connection. They are powered from the rear light, and the video signal is broadcast using a special transmitter connected to the same video in connector on the radio.
Before setting up the rear view camera, turn on the ignition to access the radio, and follow these steps:
- Click the “settings” button and go to the “Cameras” section;
- From the list, select the rear view camera;
- Use the joystick or buttons to adjust the focus of the camera according to your preferences.