How to cook a pumpkin?
From pumpkin you can cook a huge number of dishes. The most popular soups and puddings based on it. The recipe of their preparation is presented below.
How to cook pumpkin soup
Before you cook delicious pumpkin for this recipe, you need to stock up on such ingredients:
- chicken broth - 1500 ml;
- potatoes - 1 pc .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- ginger (ground) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable or olive oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- cream - 120 ml;
- pumpkin - 1 pc .;
- salt and pepper to taste.
This original dish is prepared in this way:
- Take a pumpkin, wash and cut the upper third with a sharp knife. Remove all seeds from it, and use a sharp spoon to select the pulp. It is important not to damage during this wall. Cut the whole flesh into pieces and cover with broth. Add sliced potatoes and onions, chopped garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Bring all this to a boil and incubate for 40 minutes over medium heat.
- From the rest of the pumpkin you need to make a tureen. Grease it from the inside with butter and bake in an oven heated to 200 degrees.Hold it for 30 minutes. At this time, the finished vegetables chop in a blender. Puree puree poured into a baked pumpkin tureen. Add cream and mix everything. Soak the soup in the oven for another 15 minutes, and then serve to the table.
How to Cook Pumpkin Pudding
Delicious and healthy is pumpkin pudding. It requires the following:
- eggs - 2 pcs .;
- sugar - 50 g;
- pumpkin - 130 g;
- warm milk - 300 ml.
The pudding process consists of the following steps:
- Take a pumpkin, wash and cut into medium pieces. Then rub them on a fine grater. Fill the pumpkin with warm milk, add eggs and sugar. Beat all these ingredients with a mixer, using medium speed. It is necessary to obtain a homogeneous mass. Pour it into small jars and cover with foil.
- Take a pot with a wide bottom. Put a towel in it, and on top of it are jars of pudding. Then pour the water into the pan so that it does not reach the edges of the containers. Cover the pot with a lid, put it on the fire and bring to a boil. Turn it off and wait until the pudding hardens, and then you can serve it to the table.
Please note that you must keep pumpkin pudding in the fridge. It can be stored no more than three days.
Pumpkin can be cooked with various meats, as well as with shrimps.