How to cook condensed milk in the bank correctly?
Boiled condensed milk is a treat since childhood. Milky sweetness is often used to prepare a variety of confectionery products, added to drinks, and also simply eaten with a spoon. You can buy condensed milk already cooked in the store. However, it is known that the taste and quality of such a product differs from cooked alone, at home. Do you know how to cook condensed milk at home?
To cook boiled condensed milk at home, you need to follow a number of rules. Probably, everyone heard about her property to explode in the process of cooking. This is absolutely true, but this trouble can be avoided. The main reason for such cases is the difference in temperature. In no case can you add cold water to boiling water. If the liquid has boiled over and the condensed milk has not yet prepared, then you can add the right amount of boiling water.
It is important to choose milk of a certain fat content. It is desirable that it was not less than 8.5%.When choosing a product, be sure to read the composition: do not buy one that contains vegetable fat and other additional ingredients.
Probably the most important question is how long to cook condensed milk. Many people think that it should be boiled for 4-5 hours, but this is not at all the case. Below is the most correct answer.
How to cook a can of condensed milk?
Now you can proceed to the main task - the cooking process. Cooking condensed milk at home is easy! Follow the rules - and you will succeed.
- can of condensed milk
- Place the jar in a deep pan, after removing the label from it. Pour water so that the can is completely covered with water, otherwise an explosion may occur.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then lower it to a minimum. Cook for about 2-3 hours.
- Remove from water and allow to cool.
All is ready! You can safely open the jar and try our dessert. It is very good to combine with a cookie or biscuit. Now you know how to cook condensed milk at home. Bon Appetit!
Here are some useful tips and alternative cooking methods:
- you can use a pressure cooker instead of a pot. This method is simple and convenient. It is necessary, just as in the traditional version, to put the jar inside and fill it with water. After boiling, boil the condensed milk for 10 minutes. Then turn the pressure cooker off and allow it to cool. During this time, the milk will reach readiness;
- You might be surprised, but the oven is also suitable for cooking. Take a high bowl, pour all the milk into it and put it on a baking tray to be filled with water. It should be so much so that it reaches half of our mass. Cover with foil and place in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. Boil condensed milk need - 1.5-3 hours;
- You can also apply the method of cooking in the microwave. This is probably the fastest method of all. Pour all the milk into a deep plate, place in the oven for 15 minutes. Power select medium. Stir the mixture every 2 minutes;
- Remember that cooking time affects not only the taste, but also the color as well as the consistency of the mass. If you cook for two hours, it will turn out to be of medium thickness and light color; if it is three hours, then the mass will become thick, viscous and dark brown.
Indulge yourself and your family so often with such a useful and tasty sweetness!