How to cook mimosa salad - 8 step-by-step recipes
Prepare mimosa at home can be one of several ways, with the addition of different ingredients, but the recipe for canned mimosa salad is especially popular. The main components, except for fish - vegetables or rice, onions, eggs. Traditional dressing - salad mayonnaise of high fat content. Separate recipes use butter, melted cheese, and apples.
Mimosa - multi-layered salad with canned fish. Tasty and nutritious. Frequent guest at holiday feasts, popular in everyday lunches and dinners due to the simple cooking process.
Beautiful name mimosa lettuce received thanks to the upper layer. Traditionally - from grated or crumbled on the surface of yolk salad, associated with a delicate spring flower.
Salad was very popular during the Soviet era. Now housewives often cook a tasty, nutritious dish that can be beautifully decorated and served on a festive table,as well as Russian salad.
On the choice of mayonnaise
The best solution for mimosa salad is thick mayonnaise of high fat content. Lightweight low-calorie cold sauces are healthier, but do not allow the flavor of the salad to be fully revealed.
How to make layers in mimosa
3 basic rules
- Potatoes or rice (depending on the recipe) - the basis.
This is a classic version of the salad base ("pillows") for other ingredients, especially canned fish.
- Padded canned fruits with onions are added after a layer of potatoes (rice).
Place the remaining layers in mimosa as desired, for example, divide the grated potatoes into 2 parts and add an additional potato layer to the salad.
- The traditional top is a finely grated yolk without a mayonnaise net with ornaments made from fresh greens (green onions, parsley, dill, etc.).
When layering mimosa, try to evenly distribute products across the area of the dish. Pay attention to the grated carrots and potatoes. Carefully spill the ingredients, not allowing the formation of lumps.
Mimosa salad recipes with canned fish
Mimosa salad - a classic recipe with canned food
- Potato - 3 medium sized tubers,
- Carrots - 3 things,
- Egg - 3 things,
- White onions - 1 head,
- Canned goods (pink salmon) - one 200-gram can,
- Ground black pepper, mayonnaise - to taste,
- Greens - for decoration.
- I prepare the ingredients for the salad. Boil vegetables and hard boiled eggs. Pour cold water for easy cleaning. I spread in a separate plate.
- Onions cleanse the husk. I wash and cut into small pieces.
- I rub the peeled vegetables and eggs on the grater of the middle fraction. I shift on separate dishes.
- I take a large and beautiful salad bowl. Layers spread the crushed components. The first layer of mimosa salad (base) is potato. Do not tamp vegetable. Fold evenly half rubbed ingredient. Squeezing mayonnaise from above and spread over the entire area of the salad bowl.
Helpful advice.Add ground black pepper between layers.
- For the second layer of lettuce I use canned pink salmon. I opened the jar, drained the liquid. I spread the fish in a plate and soften it with a fork. I put it in a salad bowl over the potatoes. Optionally add mayonnaise dressing.
- Spread onions. If it is too bitter and hearty, I put less, after pouring boiling water over it.
- Next in mimosa comes the second part of the grated potatoes, followed by carrots.Between the vegetables I make a small mayonnaise “pillow”.
- At the end I add a grated egg to the salad. First the protein, the yolk on top.
- Decorate with chopped greens. A classic mimosa salad is ready for serving. The salad will be an excellent addition to the New Year's table, along with Olivier, crab, Caesar and classic Greek salad.
Unusual recipe with canned in tomato
The use of sprat in tomato sauce is an interesting and bold move in the preparation of mimosa salad. The dish has an unusual taste, but it turns out no less nutritious.
- Potatoes - 3 tubers,
- Bow - 1 head,
- Carrots - 2 things,
- Egg - 6 pieces,
- Sprat in tomato sauce - 200 g,
- Mayonnaise (cold sauce) - to taste.
- Boil eggs and vegetables in separate pots. Carrots and potatoes can be pre-cleaned for convenience. Boil eggs after boiling for 5-8 minutes.
- Put the boiled eggs in cold water. I clean, separate the whites from the yolks. I prefer to use egg yolks for salad. Add protein as desired.
- I clean and finely chop onions.
- I take out the sprat in a can from a can. I shift in a separate dish, add chopped onion.
- I spread the salad in layers in a large and deep dish. I make a small potato "pillow".
- Then spread the mixture of fish, tomato sauce from the can and onion. I water the mimosa salad with mayonnaise.
- I make the next layer again of grated potatoes. Smeared with mayonnaise.
- Adding grated protein, followed by - the yolk.
- To decorate the salad add on top sprigs of fresh parsley.
Mimosa salad with mackerel and cheese
A classic variant of preparation of mimosa salad with canned food. For piquancy and special taste, grated cheese is used.
- Canned mackerel - 250 g,
- Potato - 3 tuber,
- Onions - 1 head,
- Carrots - 2 things,
- Chicken eggs - 3 pieces,
- Hard cheese - 150 g,
- Mayonnaise (cold sauce) - 70 ml,
- Greens for decoration (parsley) - 3 sprigs.
- I boil potatoes with carrots. In another bowl cook boiled eggs.
- While the products are prepared, I am engaged in onions. I clean from the husk. I cut into small cubes. When pronounced bitter taste scalded onion with boiling water.
- Holding boiled vegetables, pour boiling water. Pour cold water, leave for a few minutes to simplify the cleaning process.
- I clean the eggs. Separate the whites from the yolks.I rub on a grater with a small fraction (separately) and put it on different plates.
- Cheese rubbed on a large grater.
- I get the canned mackerel from the jar, I knead it with a fork.
- Beautifully make out the salad with a large metal mold. I make the basis of potatoes. Leveled. I add cold mayonnaise, then I spread a finely chopped onion.
- Once again, I do not lubricate with mayonnaise; the canned food is very fatty.
- From above I make a “cap” of egg white. I grease with cold sauce.
- Peeled carrots rub on a fine grater. Add to salad. Distributed by area. Add mayonnaise mesh.
- For a beautiful design of mimosa, I make the top layer of grated egg yolks. I stick a sprig of fresh greens. I prefer parsley.
- To make the salad soaked, I put it in the fridge for two hours.
Eat for health!
Simple mimosa with cheese and butter
An interesting version of the salad without the classic vegetable ingredients (potatoes, onions and carrots). The main emphasis in this mimosa recipe is on the combination of cheese and butter. It is cooked very easily, it turns out incredibly tasty.
- Hard cheese - 100 g,
- Chicken Egg - 6 Stuff,
- Canned pink salmon - 1 bank,
- Butter (pre-frozen in the freezer) - 100 g (for the grater),
- Mayonnaise (cold sauce) - 100 g,
- Dill - to taste.
- Boil eggs. I clean, separate the whites from the yolks. Squirrels rubbed on a grater with a large fraction, the yolks - on the shallow.
- Onion clean and finely chop.
- I open the jar of canned food. I merge the excess liquid, I spread the fish. Remove bones, grind with a fork, turning into a homogeneous mixture. Adding onions. I mix.
- I get a piece of butter from the freezer. Finely shredding with a knife or rubbing it with a grater. I do the same with cheese.
- I turn to the assembly and design of the salad.
- First put the squirrels. Add cold sauce. Next on the list is mimosa cheese. Again, do mayonnaise mesh. The third layer put fish with onions (half of the total). Add a bit of mayonnaise.
- I spread crushed butter, followed by fish-onion mixture with mayonnaise. The final touch is shredded yolks with decorations from fresh dill sprigs.
- I put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours so that the mimosa is soaked. After the specified time I take out a salad and serve.
How to cook mimosa salad with saury
- Potato - 3 medium size things,
- Carrots - 2 pieces,
- Cream cheese - 2 things,
- Onions - 1 piece,
- Chicken Egg - 4 Stuff,
- Saira - 1 bank
- Table vinegar 9 percent - 2 large spoons,
- Mayonnaise, salt - to taste,
- Greens - for decoration.
Helpful advice.To check the readiness of vegetables, use a fork. Calculate the exact time of cooking is quite difficult. The specific value depends on the variety and size of the tubers.
- Carefully my potatoes with carrots. I spread it in a saucepan, pour cold water. Cook to readiness.
- Boiled vegetables poured cold water to quickly cooled.
- I put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and pour a little 9% vinegar. After boiling, boil for 7-9 minutes. I shift in cold water.
- I clean the onion from the peel and peel. I rinse under running water. I put on a chopping board. Shinkuyu on small and thin particles. I shift to a deep plate.
- I open the canned food. Remove excess fluid and remove bones that can spoil the impression of the salad. I spread the saury to the chopped beet.I mix with a fork, at the same time chopping the fish.
- Vegetables I rub on grater. I lay out on separate bowls. Products of animal origin are pre-divided. Protein and yolk rub apart from each other.
- With melted cheese, I remove the foil. I grind it.
- Layering a mimosa salad in layers, “gathering” the prepared ingredients.
- I take a deep round dish. I put the potatoes and distribute them on a plate. Add mayonnaise dressing. A little salt (optional). Following is saury with onions. Next - layers of processed cheese and proteins. I add a mayonnaise product.
- At the final stage in a salad I put grated carrots. I sprinkle yolks on top. Upper mayonnaise mesh do not.
- Prepared salad mimosa tightly covered with food film of polyethylene. I put in the fridge for 2 hours.
How to make mimosa with sardine in tomato sauce
- Potato - 4 things,
- Bow - 1 thing,
- Egg - 4 pieces,
- Sardine in tomato sauce - 250 g,
- Carrots - 1 root vegetable,
- Mayonnaise, green onion feathers - to taste.
- Cook vegetables until cooked. In a separate bowl I bring the eggs to boil. Boil 7-9 minutes.
- Cooked and cooled vegetables cleaned from the skin.
- I take out a large flat dish. I take the shape of a heart. I install it on a plate.
- With the help ovoshchetёrki crush potatoes. I make mayonnaise net.
- I open a can of sardine. I remove a small amount of liquid with a tablespoon. The rest of the fray with fish. Spread on the salad. Evenly distribute.
- Finely chop the onion, spread on top of the sardines.
- The next carrot in turn in mimosa. I grind like potatoes using a convenient vegetable bean. I do not forget about mayonnaise.
- Crumb the yolk. Then spread crushed protein. From above I water salad with mayonnaise.
- I decorate mimosa with green onion feathers.
Mimosa salad with apple, tuna and potatoes
Tuna is an incredibly healthy and nutritious fish with a minimum fat content and plenty of protein. The use of apple in mimosa brings a touch of originality to the well-recognized taste and gives the opportunity to "crunch" the salad.
- Potato - 3 medium sized tubers
- Egg - 4 pieces,
- Carrots - 2 pieces,
- Onions - 1 head,
- Tuna (canned) - 200 g,
- Apples - 2 pieces,
- Mayonnaise - 6 large spoons,
- Salt - to taste.
- Boil vegetables in uniform. At the same time, I put eggs on another hob. Boiled lettuce components pour cold water.
- While the mimosa ingredients are cooled, peel and shred onions. If the vegetable is very bitter, add some boiling water.
- I clean the cooled ingredients. I take out a convenient vegetable master.
Helpful advice.Do not use a blender for chopping vegetables, otherwise you will get gruel, and not finely and evenly grated ingredients.
- I grind vegetables (large fraction), eggs, after separating the proteins from the yolks (small fraction).
Helpful advice.I rub the apple last, in order not to turn black.
- I turn to the formation of mimosa. Each of the layers of lettuce, except for the yolk top, is greased with mayonnaise. First in line potatoes. Evenly distribute the crushed product to the dish. Avoid large lumps.
- The next layer is canned tuna. A very important addition to the fish will be finely chopped onions.
- I spread proteins, followed by carrots (salt if desired). Finally, it was the turn of apples! Be sure to peel the fruit. Rub on a large grater.
- At the final stage of the formation of mimosa add yolk.Beautifully make out the top of the salad.
Cooking mimosa with saury and rice
- Canned saury (in oil) - 1 can,
- Carrots - 4 medium-sized root crops,
- Egg - 5 Stuff,
- Rice is 100 grams,
- Mayonnaise - 300 g,
- Green onion - 1 bunch,
- Salt, black pepper - to taste.
- Pre-prepare vegetables for salad. Spread in a deep pan. Expose on the stove.
- I put the eggs ready. Wash the rice with running water. I shift in the dishes. I fill it with water so that the product hides by 4-5 cm. I set the temperature of the burner to maximum. After the boiling of water, I reduce the fire to a value close to the minimum. I cook for 14-18 minutes without lifting the lid. Turn off the stove. I leave the rice to reach a minute 15-20.
- I clean the cooked eggs. Separate the whites from the yolks. Protein I rub on grater with a coarse fraction (for yolks the fine will suit).
- I open the saury. Drain the excess liquid. I take the fish out of the jar. I knead with a fork, choosing bones at the same time.
- Green onion thoroughly washed. I'm drying. Finely chopped.
- I take a large dish (baking dish). Spread boiled rice. Spread evenly.I make a neat mayonnaise mesh.
- Next to the salad I put fish mass from saury.
- For each subsequent layer of mimosa do mayonnaise mesh. The order is as follows: green onion (for piquancy and harmonious addition to fish), eggs, carrots.
- I leave the yolks for the top of the salad, the traditional decoration of the dish. Make mayonnaise grid is not necessary.
- For a rich and pronounced taste, I recommend that you close the mimosa with food film and send it in the fridge for two to three hours.
Calorie mimosa salad with various ingredients
The energy value of mimosa lettuce depends on the fat content of mayonnaise and canned fish. In one case, the hostess can use a low-calorie cold sauce along with tuna in her own juice, containing the minimum amount of fat. In another situation - high-calorie salad mayonnaise and saury in oil.
Due to the difference in the composition of the salad, the ingredients used and their ratio, the caloric value varies.Therefore, the mimosa contains 160-190 kcal (in "light" recipes), and 240-280 kcal per 100 g of product.
Prepare a mimosa salad at home with pleasure on one of the presented recipes.If desired, change the ratio of ingredients, use other canned fish (for example, take a sprat in a tomato for a change). Please yourself and loved ones with a delicious salad, which will be a great decoration of the festive New Year's table.