How to create a template?
Watch the video
Beautiful appearance of your web site will serve as a kind of business card for it. According to the well-known proverb, they are met by clothes, and the template is just such a “clothes” for a website. But in fact, the template performs not only a decorative function, it also determines the position of the various functional elements on the website.
With the popularization of CMS (content management system), creating a website has become incredibly easy, and many Internet users are quick to acquire their own pages on the Internet. To make site creation as simple as possible, CMS developers offer users a specific set of ready-to-use templates. Using such a template saves time on creating a website, but almost completely deprives it of its uniqueness. Some users are ready to put up with it, while others are interested in the question - "how to create a template for your site yourself?".
For each CMS you can create your own template.But after reading the official instructions on the developer’s website, many users are simply lost, as they often do not even have basic knowledge of web programming. To simplify the creation of a template, you can use special software.
One of the most common, well-known and easy-to-use programs is Artisteer. The program is designed as a visual editor, which simplifies its use. In addition, templates created in Artisteer can be used for such popular CMS as Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, Tumblr and others. The main advantage of Artisteer is that the user does not have to know the basics of web programming.
Using the program is very simple. Creating a unique template consists of several stages.
- Run the program, select one of the ready-made source templates, open a template previously downloaded from the Internet, or create an empty one.
- In the main window of the program you will see an open template. Each element can be edited to your own taste. You can change everything - the size of the buttons, fields, menus, their shape, color and fonts.
- The main work begins with the "Layout" tab. All the main parameters of the future template are set here, the main menu, blocks, site header and more are placed, the main color and fonts are selected.
- In the "Page Styles" tab, you can edit the layout of a separate page of the site, also changing its content.
- Editing the page, you must fill it with content. For this, the tab "Content pages". With it, you can add to the pages of various posts, articles, images and more.
- The "Menu" tab allows you to edit the main menu of the future web site. Here you can edit both vertical and horizontal menu for the site.
- Using the tab "Header" you can edit the header of the site.
- To save the results of your work and get a ready-made template, go to the "Export" tab. Here you can select the CMS for which the template was created, and tick the "Archive" item: the program will create a Zip file, completely ready for export to CMS.
In addition to special programs, there are online designers, but they have somewhat limited functionality.
Artisteer allows you to quickly create a unique template for any popular CMS. The only exception is the popular Ucoz system in the CIS.