How to draw a sphinx?
Watch the video
It is difficult to find a person who would not hear about the Egyptian Sphinx. For many centuries this mythical humanoid has been guarding the pyramids of Giza, it is a symbol of Egypt and evokes the enthusiastic views of travelers.
How to draw a sphinx in stages, using only a pencil?
The process of creating a sketch is quite simple, it is not necessary to be an artist to draw a Sphinx with a pencil. To create a drawing you need a regular pencil, an eraser and a sheet of white paper.
Stages of creating a picture:
- Sketch the base of the Sphinx and mark its position ona sheet of paper;
- Draw the contours of the body, the bottom of which should be slightly larger than the top;
- Make a sketch of the head, outline general outlines;
- Delete the auxiliary lines with an eraser and make the outlines clearer;
- Draw on his nose, eyes, and more clearly draw a special headdress;
- Add shading, and also give the image a volume with the help of lighter and darker places in the picture.