How to enter the BIOS on a laptop?
BIOS (BIOS) - a special section of the PC, which sets the basic settings of the system. Guided by BIOS data, the computer understands where it will boot from, which options on the motherboard to use, and which not, etc.
Sometimes the BIOS settings may get lost, and the PC starts to work incorrectly, in which case the user should go into this section and fix them. Let's figure out how to enter the BIOS on a laptop.
How to enter BIOS: algorithm
The algorithm for entering BIOS is very simple:
- Press the power button on the PC.
- When the first screen saver appears, look carefully at the screen, it should be labeled "BIOS Setup", opposite this label will be indicated by a key or key combination that you need to click to get into BIOS - as soon as you find the keys, start clicking on them.
- That's all. If you get on the keys correctly and at the right time, you will find yourself in the BIOS menu.
If the first time did not work,restart the laptop and constantly press the necessary keys until the BIOS menu appears. Start pressing the keys immediately as the system restarts begin.
How to enter BIOS: hotkeys
Unfortunately, the information about what kind of "hot" combination you need to press does not always appear on the display, below we will give a list of these combinations for laptops from various manufacturers:
- F2 is the most popular key for calling BIOS, used in laptops of the following companies: Acer, Asus, Fujitsu-Siemens, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Dell and Lenovo.
- Esc - can be used in some Toshiba models.
- F10 - used in models of Hewlett Packard and some Dell.
- F1 - BIOS activation in selected Lenovo models.
The following combinations can be found very rarely: Ctrl + Alt + Esc, Ctrl + Alt + S, Ctrl + Alt + Del, Ctrl + Alt + Ins, Ctrl + Alt + Enter, Fn + F1, Ctrl + Ins.
Unfortunately, to understand which of the combinations is suitable, you can only search.