How to make the sole slip?
Winter is a great time of the year, especially when it is freezing cold and there is white, fluffy snow. But a frequent companion of all these charms is ice. And so that he does not become the cause of falls, injuries, dirty clothes and bad mood, it is worthwhile to take care in advance that the shoes do not slip. Cope with this problem can be even at home, and we will gladly tell you about several effective options for adults and children.
A confident gait
If you go to the store for winter boots or boots, then pay attention not only to comfort, but also to the sole. So that it slips less, it is better to choose the one that is made of polypropylene (rubber, contrary to common opinion, is more slippery). Another important characteristic that will ensure reliable adhesion to the surface - flexibility, the more it is, the better.
But in the case when the winter couple is already there, and the exit to it on the street is equivalent to going skiing, you can try one of the following ways:
- Stickers on the sole.In the workshop, you can paste pieces of rubber or polyurethane, that is, do so-called "prevention." But such materials can be attached independently, having bought them in a specialized shop. If there is no time, and emergency measures need to be taken, then ordinary fabric-based adhesive tape will come to the rescue.
The only disadvantage of this option is fragility. The patch will have to be changed daily.
A longer sandpaper will last. Choose a coarse. Glue it to the area near the toe and heels. But note that with such an "upgrade" it is easy to scratch the floor in the room, so you will have to have a spare pair.
A thin felt attached to the same parts of the shoe as sandpaper will also help reduce slip. This method is suitable for baby shoes.
- Glue + sand. Wash the soles thoroughly, wipe with acetone-containing liquid or alcohol, apply glue zig-zagom, and do not wait for it to dry, pour on the resulting pattern of sand. Let it dry. The effect will last for several days, after which the procedure will have to be repeated.
- Pattern. If the winter shoes are completely flat, you can try to make a pattern with your own hands.To do this, you need a small nail or any other metal rod. He needs to be heated over the fire and make furrows.
- Grater. To make shoes more tenacious will help ordinary grater. Craftsmen recommend gently rub it with the sole to make the surface rough.
- Improvised spikes. This is not an easy task, but if there is a “jack of all trades” in the house, then you can try. For this you need small cloves, which are heated and driven into the sole.
No matter how unusual and funny it sounds, you can rub your shoes and raw potatoes. Those who have tried this method note its efficacy due to starch.
But besides folk methods, there are also special devices that can be purchased to make your shoes non-slip:
- Ice drifts. They are special lining of non-slip material, and can be additionally equipped with spikes or relief formations.
- Ledostupy. They are similar to the previous model, but always have spikes.
A huge plus of such devices is that you can pick them up practically for any model of footwear - both for boots on a low run, and for boots with heels.
But even having prepared your shoes for ice, you should carefully look under your feet, and in case of a fall try to group, so as not to get a serious injury. Be careful!