How to remove the liner?
Watch the video
Lockers or lockers are installed in the car wheel arches. They reliably protect the lower part of the wing from moisture, stones, dirt and other reagents on the road. Manufacturers do not install wheel arches on cars. Therefore, many are interested in whether it is necessary to put fenders.
The fact is that the body of modern cars is treated with special anti-corrosion agents. The manufacturer gives a guarantee that the car will last for 5-7 years and will not suffer from corrosion. Therefore, it is not necessary to install lockers. But over time, the coating wears out and after 6-7 years the wing is exposed to road reagents and moisture.
How to replace the liner
If the lockers are badly worn or deformed, they should be replaced. Consider how to remove the liner and replace it with a new one.
For this you need tools
- flat and Phillips screwdrivers.
The phased removal of the liner is as follows
- First you need to unscrew the screws with which the mudguard is attached to the wing. To do this, use a screwdriver to pry the retainer, remove it, a special holder and the mudguard itself.
- The wheel arch liner on the front wheels to the bumper is fixed with three screws, which should be unscrewed. After that, you need to unscrew two more screws needed to attach the mudguard to the engine compartment. Next, unscrew another screw, located behind the strut. After that, the front arch liner is removed.
- To remove the liner from the rear wheel arch, you must also remove the mudguard first. It is fixed by four screws. Under the three of them are holders that should be removed, and after that the mudguard itself is easily removed.
- After that, unscrew the screw securing the fender liner and shift it from the studs.
Put lockers in the same way, only in reverse order.