How to remove windows 7 volume?
Before the release of windows 7, managing a hard disk required searching and installing special programs. But now you can create and delete partitions using the disk management utility built into the operating system.
How to delete a volume on windows 7
You need to open a special disk management utility:
- Go to the control panel (click Start → Control Panel)
- Select a group System and Security
- In the Administration section, select Create and format hard disk partitions. So you run a special utility for managing windows disks, with which you can create and delete disk partitions, split them, change their letters and sizes, and many other useful things.
- In the window that opens, select the one you want to delete from the list of existing partitions on the hard disk. Attention! If there is only one volume on the hard disk, it will not be possible to delete it.
- Right-click on the section you want to delete.and in the menu that opens, select delete volume ... Before deleting a volume, windows 7 will ask you to confirm the operation, since all information stored on the volume will be deleted along with the partition. Before you delete the volume, windows 7 will ask you to confirm the operation, since all information stored on the volume will be deleted along with the partition.
- Click Yes.
When a volume is deleted, the free disk space (memory) goes into the category of unallocated space. This free space can be used to increase the volume of another volume, or to create a new one.