How to set up WiFi on a tablet?
One of the possibilities that virtually all tablets have is connecting to the Internet: you can learn more about this from the article. Equally important is the ability of your device to connect to a wireless Wi-Fi network. It is this point in the development of the new gadget most often causes the greatest difficulties, and we will dwell on it in more detail.
How to set up Wi-Fi on a tablet with Android OS
In order to configure Wi-Fi on an Android tablet, follow these simple steps:
- In the tablet settings, turn on the Wi-Fi receiver. To do this, select “Wireless networks” in the settings menu, and then click on the “Wi-Fi” line.
- After that, the list of available wireless networks should appear on the screen of your tablet. From them, select the one to which you need to connect, and the system will prompt you to enter the network password in the appropriate window.
Most often, further manipulations are not required, and you can use your tablet at your leisure. However, if it is necessary to further configure the connection, follow the instructions below.
- In order to access the network settings, hold its name for a few seconds, and when the system prompts you to select an action for this network, select “Change Network”.
- Next you will see the settings panel. To configure settings such as the gateway, IP address, and DNS server addresses, select Advanced. In the window that opens, enter the data that was provided to you by your ISP in the appropriate lines.
As a rule, there is no need to use the last two specified points, since Android OS has a function to automatically configure networks and determine its parameters.
How to set up Wi-Fi on a tablet with iOS
If you still do not know how to make Wi-Fi on an iOS tablet a reality, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” menu and select the “Wi-Fi” line. A window will open, the first line in which will be the inscription "Wi-Fi" and the switch. Set the switch to on, and your tablet will start searching for available networks.
- When the search is completed, a list of available networks will appear under the line, and you will be asked to select one of them, the connection to which you need to make.Select the desired network, enter (if required) the network access key in the window that appears and click “Connect”.
- If the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi network signal indicator will appear in the upper left corner. To configure the network, click the arrow to the right of the network name. You will be taken to the advanced settings window, where you will be prompted to enter the values of the IP address, the main gateway and the DNS address.
In addition to Wi-Fi connectivity, many tablets allow you to connect to a 3G network.