Treatment of flu 2016-2017 at home with inexpensive medications and folk remedies. How to treat flu in children - advice from Dr. Komarovsky
Possible or impossible treatment of influenza 2016-2017 at home in adults and children, the question is ambiguous. It depends on the form of the disease and the general condition of the patient. If a person suffers from a mild seasonal cold, you can buy inexpensive drugs of antiviral action in a pharmacy, supplement them with folk remedies and get rid of unpleasant symptoms in a couple of days. But when the patient has a severe form of the flu, it is better to trust the professionals who know exactly how to treat this particular type of illness.The famous pediatric doctor Komarovsky advises to refuse self-treatment. According to him, adults and children who do not want to go to the doctor, harm not only themselves but also those around them and more often suffer from complications from the flu and other colds.
Treatment of influenza and SARS at home in children and adults
In order to get rid of the flu and ARVI, adults and children do not necessarily go to the hospital. You can simply call a doctor, determine the type of disease, get a prescription for medications and continue treatment at home.
To ailment quickly retreated, you need to follow a few simple rules.
- Bed rest- a mandatory condition for the treatment of viral infections and seasonal colds in adults and children. In no case should this item be ignored. Patients who are ill “on their feet” recover much later, and they get aggravating symptoms and complications several times more often. It is advisable to go to bed with the onset of the primary symptoms and spend at least 3 days there, which usually accounts for the most difficult moment of the disease.When the crisis is over, it is necessary to accustom yourself to physical exertion gradually so as not to overwork the body weakened by the ailment.
- Plentiful Drink- One of the most important components of a complete home treatment for influenza. You need to drink significantly more than usual, preferring herbal decoctions, rich vitamin drinks and medicinal teas. This stimulates active sweating and urination, so that the body naturally gets rid of toxins and other negative substances.
- Drug treatment- The main tool to fight germs and viruses that spread the flu. However, therapy for adults and children should be selected only under the supervision of a physician. It is not desirable to exceed the dose of mixtures and tablets indicated in the recipe. This will not speed recovery, but on the stomach, liver and other internal organs will act in the most negative way. You should not drink less drugs either, since the treatment process will at least slow down, or it will completely stall in one place.
- Regular airing of premises- the only way to get rid of microbes that have settled in the patient's room.It will take at least half an hour to open the windows twice a day: in the morning and just before bedtime. Thus, the air in the room will constantly circulate and be updated, and the person with the flu will not have to have difficulty breathing.
- Restriction of any activityand prolonged full rest during the flu is urgently needed for both adults and children. Do not lie in bed, watch TV for a long time, use a computer and read a lot. Both the brain and the patient's body should focus only on the fight against viruses and not be distracted by any other activities.
Cheap and effective drugs for the treatment of influenza and SARS
Treatment of SARS and flu in adults and children can not only be expensive antibiotics and antiviral drugs. Among the inexpensive drugs, too, there are very effective drugs that can quickly fight the flu without causing serious damage to the family budget.
- Rimantadine- A very old medicine, sold for a very reasonable price. Used for the prevention and treatment of seasonal colds, viral infections, influenza and ARVI since the 70s of last century.It gives excellent results and at the initial stage of administration it slows down the reproduction of the virus that has entered the body. Suitable for adults and children over 7 years old. When combined with alcohol tinctures, it complicates the nervous system.
- Echinacea tincture- an effective and readily available natural product, successfully replacing the more expensive drugs that are responsible for strengthening the immune system. The drug acts as an active natural stimulant and makes all the body's defenses work. It can be used as a prophylactic or as a therapeutic drug at the time of crisis and exacerbation of flu symptoms.
- Ambroxol- a well-known treatment tool from the category of budget. Very effective for influenza and ARVI, accompanied by a strong, sharpening cough. It reduces the viscosity of the bronchial secretions and helps to dilute the sputum accumulating in the bronchi. It is combined with the bulk of antiviral drugs and helps them penetrate deeper into the tissues. Available in various forms, including syrups, and is suitable for both adults and children.
- Paracetomol- A powerful antipyretic agent of low price, relevant for adults and children. It begins to operate within a quarter of an hour after the first dose and works for 4-5 hours. Eliminates pain in the muscles and joints, has a beneficial effect on the nervous system and quickly knocks down even a rather high temperature, which is very characteristic of the flu. It does not have a serious negative effect on the body, even if the planned dose is exceeded by 2-3 times.
- Derinath- a very effective nasal treatment, suitable not only for adults but also for children, and from the first day of life. It activates all the protective functions of the body and helps to restore immunity. It is used as prevention and treatment of ARVI and flu, fights against various types of infection and neutralizes inflammatory processes in the nasal passages.
- Ibuprofen- inexpensive and high-quality anti-inflammatory drug with antipyretic properties. In addition, it stimulates the production of natural interferon in the body and strengthens the immune system of children and adults.
Treatment of flu in children - what Dr. Komarovsky advises
The popular doctor Komarovsky says that among all medicines, Tamiflu is the only effective drug for treating influenza in children and adults. Only this medicine has the ability to destroy the influenza virus and quickly eliminate the effects of the disease. But this does not mean at all that at the very first cough and sneeze, parents should run to the pharmacy, purchase an expensive medication and intensively feed their child to them. Tamiflu is a kind of “heavy artillery” that can only be used in serious cases, often associated with the mandatory hospitalization of a patient. In all other cases, it is necessary to create conditions in which the children's body would be able to overcome the flu virus on its own.
Treatment of influenza in children according to Dr. Komarovsky - 10 basic rules
- To dress the child warmly, but not to muffle. In the room to maintain the temperature of about 20 ° C and be sure to moisten the air. Do wet cleaning regularly and air the room twice a day (in the morning and before bedtime).
- If there is no appetite, in any case, do not force to eat. When the baby asks himself, prepare something liquid, low-fat and easily digested by the stomach.
- Drinking flu treatment should be as much as possible. Compotes, tea, juice, decoctions of dried fruit and pharmaceutical solutions for pre-oral rehydration are acceptable.
- Several times a day during the flu, saline solutions are instilled into the nose. This will destroy the microbes that have settled there and will have a beneficial effect on the mucous membrane.
- To reduce the temperature during the flu, do not use aspirin. Only paracetamol or ibuprofen in the doses indicated in the annotation to the drug.
- If the disease is associated with viral infections, antibiotics will not help. Rather, they will aggravate the situation and increase the risk of complications.
- When upper airways are affected, do not take expectorants. They will not get rid of cough, but they can strengthen it.
- If you have problems with the lower respiratory tract, forget about self-treatment and be sure to take the child to a specialist.
- From an acute respiratory viral infection and flu will not relieve antiallergic drugs. Viral diseases are not their area of action, so there is no point in drinking such pills.
- For interferons designed for local use, with the flu, especially not count.The effectiveness of these drugs has not been proven by anyone and it is unlikely to happen in the near future.
Treatment of influenza folk remedies at home
Medicines are considered the most effective option to get rid of seasonal colds, viral infections, influenza and ARVI. But many do not want to swallow antiviral pills for fear of various side effects and negative effects on the stomach and liver. For these patients, there is only one way to treat the flu 2016-2017 - time-tested and inexpensive folk remedies. They are easy to use at home and these drugs almost never have side effects neither for adults nor for children. Doctors, including Dr. Komarovsky, generally do not deny the effectiveness of folk remedies, but they strongly advise patients to first visit a specialist who will accurately determine the type of the disease and give advice on how to treat this ailment.
Simple folk remedies for the treatment of influenza
- Soda and salt.In a glass of boiled water pour one teaspoon of baking soda and sea salt. Stir thoroughly to dissolve the components in the liquid and gargle 4 to 6 times a day.This tool will suppress inflammatory processes and neutralizes pathogenic bacteria.
- Sage and thyme.Both types of dry herbs combine in equal proportions. 1 teaspoon of the mixture to steam up with a glass of boiling water and insist for half an hour. Then strain through gauze and drink. Broth will reduce swelling of the throat and relieve pain when swallowing.
- Garlic and Milk. Put 2 cloves of garlic through a press, pour a glass of hot milk and leave for 25-30 minutes, covered with a saucer. Then drain and drink. This will help kill viruses that affect the throat and glands.
- Pine buds. Pour 3 tablespoons of raw materials into the pan, pour 1 liter of water, put on the stove and bring to a boil over medium heat. When the liquid starts to boil, reduce the heating to a minimum and then sweat under the lid for about 15 minutes. Cool slightly, lean over the saucepan, wrap your head with a thick cloth or towel and breathe healing vapors for a quarter of an hour. Such a procedure will destroy the bulk of viruses, neutralize all respiratory infections and facilitate the breathing of the patient.