"Vacuum in the stomach" - an effective exercise for the lazy
It is possible to bring your body in order and make it more fit and prominent only with the help of training. There are a lot of different exercises, but if you want to make your belly flat and beautiful, then by all means pay attention to the “Vacuum in the stomach” exercise.
What is this exercise?
“Vacuum in the stomach” is a rather popular exercise among bodybuilders, which was performed and is still performed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, famous for his steel muscles. When exactly such an exercise appeared, nobody knows, but, most likely, it came from yoga.
What is the benefit of such an exercise?
The benefits of the “vacuum in the stomach” exercise have been proven by many. This is what regular workouts will do:
- You can reduce the waist by burning visceral fat. Visceral fat surrounds the internal organs, is harmful to health and is practically not burned during the usual workouts.But this exercise will significantly reduce the amount of such fat, thereby not only making aspen waist, but also improving the work of the internal organs.
- Surely, you have repeatedly noticed that a rather voluminous belly can be found even among thin people. At the same time there is no fat on it, but it is impossible to get rid of extra centimeters. This is due to the weakening of the muscles responsible for retracting the abdominal wall - transverse and surrounding. As a result of regular workouts, you can make your tummy perfectly flat and sexy by pulling up these muscles.
- The abdominal muscles are responsible not only for the beauty of the abdomen, but also for supporting the internal organs (for example, the intestines and the uterus) in the correct position. And if you regularly perform the exercise, you will be able to avoid problems such as the prolapse of the internal organs, as well as hernia.
- You can improve digestion. Together with the muscles of the abdominal wall, the muscles of the intestinal walls will also come in tone, which will have a positive effect on digestion. You normalize the stool and forget about constipation.
- Exercise will help to significantly improve posture.
- "Vacuum in the abdomen" will allow you to excrete toxins from the body and thereby speed up the metabolism.
- With proper exercise and breathing, you will enrich all important systems, organs and tissues of the body with oxygen.
- You will gain cheerfulness and self-confidence, which is also very, very important.
How is it done?
How to do the exercise "Vacuum in the stomach"? To get started is to determine the starting position. There are several options:
- The most convenient option - lying on your back. Lie on your back, bend your legs, spread your feet to shoulder width and rest against the floor. The back should be straight. Hands can either be stretched along the body, or bend in the elbows, spread to the sides, and put the palms on the stomach (so you can feel all your movements).
- You can perform a standing exercise. There are two options. First: just stand up straight, spread your legs shoulder-width apart, and lower your arms. The second option: Arrange your legs shoulder-width apart, lean the body forward slightly, bend your knees, set your buttocks back, and place your hands on your knees or in the front part of your hips.
- You can sit on a chair, straighten your back and put your palms on your lap.
- Stand on all fours: bend your knees and palms up against the floor, and round your back. Head down, but do not touch the chin of the chest.
- Get on your knees, place your palms on your knees and round your back. The head should be slightly lowered.
Choose a position that will be as comfortable and comfortable for you as possible so that nothing distracts you from breathing and you can concentrate on the exercise.
Now the technique of doing the exercise:
- Take a starting position and try to relax all your muscles as much as possible and not to think about anything.
- Now start to slowly exhale and release your lungs from the air so that they remain completely empty.
- Then start straining your abdominal muscles and pulling it as far as possible. Breathing should be delayed. As soon as it is no longer possible to draw in the belly, stay in this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Now take a small breath, but do not relax your abdominal muscles, but try to keep them in a tense state for another 10-15 seconds.
- Exhale and relax your stomach. Take a few breaths in and out to restore your breath. Exhale again and release air from the lungs. Begin to tighten the abdominals and retract the stomach. Push the belly up sharply (one more exhalation is not required).
The number of repetitions is not clearly defined, but to achieve results, it is recommended to perform at least 5-10 repetitions per approach.Thus, the duration of one approach can be from 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the length of the periods of breath holding.
It is advisable to perform the exercise every day, or even better twice a day: on an empty stomach in the morning before breakfast (so you can start the work of the digestive system), as well as in the evening two or three hours before dinner or a couple of hours after it.
The first results you should notice after a month, but only with regular training. Your stomach will become more toned and prominent. And to improve the effectiveness of classes will help to comply with the rules of proper nutrition.
If you combine such nutrition with the exercise “Vacuum in the stomach”, then in a couple of months you will become the owner of a flat and attractive tummy that every girl dreams of.
Is it possible for everyone to perform?
Can such a useful exercise cause harm? Yes, since there are some contraindications:
- Pregnancy period (exercise can trigger uterine tone, which, in turn, can lead to miscarriage or premature labor).
- Menstruation (excessive tension of the uterus can lead to increased contractile activity of its muscles and bleeding).
- Some diseases of the digestive system, for example, gastritis or duodenal ulcer or stomach.
- Vascular or heart diseases with circulatory disorders, dizziness or fainting, heart rhythm disorders or a lack of air.
- Diseases of the lungs.
- It is not worth the risk in the period of exacerbation of chronic diseases, as well as with serious infections.
- To begin, you must understand how to do the exercise, because if you do it incorrectly, its benefits will be reduced to zero.
- If it is difficult for you to hold your breath, then as you do the exercise, take small breaths to hold on longer.
- First hold the breath for a few seconds (3-5), then gradually increase the time to 10-15 seconds. But do not overdo it, otherwise hypoxia (lack of oxygen) may occur.
- During the “Vacuum in the abdomen” exercise, the abdomen should be motionless.
- Start the exercise in front of the mirror to hone the technique.
- If you experience any unpleasant symptoms, such as dizziness, "flies" in the eyes, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, and so on, stop exercising immediately and rest.
Perform the Vacuum in the Abdomen exercise correctly and regularly to achieve success.