What is kefir useful for?
Kefir is a fermented milk drink, which is obtained from cow's milk through fermentation and the addition of special kefir fungi. The drink is quite popular not only in Russia and the CIS, but also in some other European countries. Bulgaria is called the birthplace of kefir, but it was in Russia that it became widespread.
However, the kefir is useful? Does he really have special properties that benefit our body? Let's see!
Centuries ago, scientists tried to explore dairy products to find out how they are useful to humans. Since then, the following beneficial properties of kefir have been noted:
- It has a positive effect both on the metabolism of the whole organism as a whole, and on the development of beneficial microflora (i.e. bacteria) in particular;
- inhibits the development of harmful bacteria in the intestines that disrupt the digestive process;
- improves the functioning of the human immune (defense) system, which helps us fight the harmful effects of the environment and not get sick, even if the influenza virus attacks;
- It has a general sedative effect and is also a light diuretic;
- is an excellent substitute for milk for those who do not tolerate lactose.
In addition to all of the above, doctors note that kefir has a beneficial effect on other internal organs - the heart, kidneys, etc.
Remember how in the childhood our parents offered us to drink a glass of kefir before going to bed? The question arises: what is kefir good for the night? Due to the special properties of kefir relieves heaviness in the stomach. Therefore, waking up in the morning, you will feel lightness in the whole body!
By the way, girls, take note: kefir is good to drink and those who are on a diet. It will not allow the body to relax, keep it in shape and help you lose a couple of extra pounds!
What is more useful - kefir or ryazhenka
There is no definite answer to this question. Some argue that ryazhenka is a more “pure” product, because contains less additives. Therefore, it brings more benefits to our body, and is better absorbed. In Western countries, on the contrary, they prefer kefir, prescribing it with more positive properties. However, since both products are definitely useful, the choice is yours! However, pay attention - if you are on a diet, then kefir will suit you more, becauseIt contains a lower percentage of fat.
Drink kefir daily and soon you will notice an improvement in the overall condition of your body. It is not for nothing that it is believed that kefir prolongs our life!