What is this system volume information?
Let's talk a little about computer systems and how you can manage them. So:
System volume information. What is it?
System Volume Information is a folder. She is hidden. It contains data that allows the system recovery program to perform its functions. The folder is located in the system directory. A similar folder is created in each disk partition of the computer. This folder is accessed during system restore. Some of the data that it contains may help troubleshoot the entire system. You should not even mention that the folder is simply vital and should not be deleted.
How to clear System Volume Information?
This folder usually goes through the cleaning process during general disk cleaning. Also, you can use the free and convenient utility CCleaner. To prevent the folder from being filled again, you can turn off the system recovery feature. However, it is fraught with the fact that if the software fails, all files will be deleted and will not be able to be restored, because the folder that contains the necessary information is empty.
Here is what you need to do in order to disable the system recovery feature:
- Right-click on the My Computer icon.
- Click the Properties button in the window that appears.
- Select the System Restore tab.
- In the window that appears, you must tick the box next to the function "Disable system recovery on all drives."
- After that click Apply. Here's how to delete data from System Volume Information.
- Nevertheless, we recommend that you leave the system recovery feature. You can reduce the amount of memory that is allocated for recovery. It can be done like this.
- Go back to the window where you selected Disable system recovery on all drives.
- If there is a tick there, you need to remove it.
- Click the options button.
- You will see a slider, which is an indicator of the amount of used memory for recovery.
- Move it to the left - this means a decrease in memory consumption.
So you can free up space on your system disk and save a very important system recovery feature.
You should not delete or edit the System Volume Information folder, as you may lose the ability to restore the system in case of system failure.The computer device is the most convenient for the user. If you consider yourself weak in matters that relate to tuning and optimizing computer systems, then you should not attempt to edit the system folders yourself.
A computer is a complex device that is necessary for modern man in the modern world. We have long been unable to imagine our life without a monitor, mouse, keyboard and system unit. The current generation is a computer generation, the life scenario of which, in many respects, unfolds on the scenes and platforms of the virtual space. Do not let modern technologies lure you into the virtual world, for it is a fiction.