What is useful fat?
Many people mistakenly believe that eating fat is very bad. It is fatty and super-calorie, supersaturated with cholesterol, contributes to the development of obesity, the appearance of acne on the skin and many other ills. Is this true? What is useful fat? Turn to modern dietetics and find out.
Salo: useful properties
- Fat is rich in rare vitamin F, which is responsible for strengthening the blood vessels and prevents atherosclerosis.
- Fat contains polyunsaturated arachidonic acid. This rare acid is not found in vegetable fats, but is necessary for strengthening the heart muscle, hormones, immune reactions depend on it.
- Fat, oddly enough, normalizes cholesterol levels in the body. It is well absorbed, without loading the liver.
- In fat there are vitamins A (up to 1.5 mg per 100g), vitamins D, E, carotene. It follows that lard is 5 times more biologically active than regular oil. In winter, the body especially needs a set of vitamins contained in fat.
- In fat there is an antioxidant selenium, which prevents the formation of cancer cells and at the same time increases the potency. So the benefits to men are obvious.
- Fat is able to remove excess bile from the liver. To do this, you need to eat it on an empty stomach in the morning, but not more than 30g.
- One gram of fat contains 9 kcal, so it is a storehouse of energy. Do not eat a lot of food and stretch the stomach to replenish vital energy.
- A small piece of fat before the feast envelops the walls of the stomach with a thin film of fat and slows down the absorption of alcohol, weakening intoxication.
- Fresh well-salted lard is really tasty!
This list can still go on and on. I hope that even this incomplete list helped you understand whether the fat is healthy.
But do not forget - the fat is very high in calories, so you should not overeat it. Recommended with the weft norm for a healthy person about 1 g of product per 1 kg of weight.
Depending on the freshness, processing method and amount, it can be beneficial or harmful. What kind of fat should you be eating?
- Yellow - this fat is old, rancid. It does not contain vitamin F and over time, carcinogens accumulate.
- Shop smoked lard, which often add flavors and flavor enhancers.
- Deep-fried lard. With prolonged heat treatment in fat toxins and carcinogens are formed. But lightly fried soft fat is well absorbed, without causing any harm to the body.
So, the conclusion: fresh fat is an excellent food product, definitely useful when used within reasonable limits.