What can I do to stop my shoes from rubbing?
If you have purchased a new shoe or have recently begun to wear an old one that has lain in a closet for a year, then be prepared for the appearance of corns. But knowing some tricks, this problem can be avoided.
Why, in general, can shoes rub? The first possible reason is the wrong size. If sandals, boots or shoes are small for you, they will have a mechanical effect on the skin and damage it. If the pair, on the contrary, is large, then the heel will not lock onto the heel and will constantly jump, creating friction.
The second possible reason is excessively hard or coarse material. For example, if the shoes have very stiff backs, they will surely rub the heels. The third reason is the wrong model. In general, shoes should fit to the foot, but not squeeze it, because it is important to take into account that the feet will constantly be in motion (and may swell in the evening). If he enters without difficulty, then the model will most likely suit you.
And, finally, there is another reason - excessive swelling of the legs. Especially often it is observed in the summer, but can occur after a long walk or, on the contrary, finding in one pose. But sometimes this problem is associated with violations in the work of the kidneys.
What if shoes rub?
What if the shoe rubs?
- In the shoe store, you can buy a specialized product designed for softening and stretching shoes. Usually such formulations are produced in the form of sprays.
- You can also buy a special shoe, placing it in shoes, you can stretch it a little.
- Genuine leather tends to shrink, so do not be surprised that leather boots that were not worn all year long began to crush. This is easy to fix: just grease the material with fat or baby cream and leave overnight. Sutra wear shoes and she will quickly stop rubbing as the skin softens and stretches.
- If the material is too hard, you can soften it a little with a hammer. To do this, wrap the shoes with a soft cloth and tap on them with a hammer in areas that come into contact with the skin and tinder.
- You can use the properties of water.Everyone knows that when it freezes, it increases in volume, and this feature can be used to safely and effectively stretch the shoe. Take the packets, fill them with water and place them in shoes or boots so that the pads are completely filled. Then send the steam to the freezer and leave it overnight. Sutra take out your shoes and take out the packets of ice, after letting it melt a little. And in order not to spoil shoes with water, pour it in two packets. But remember that this unique method is not suitable for gentle and temperature-sensitive materials.
- Will also help the usual vinegar, because the acid is able to penetrate into the materials and soften them. Dampen in this product a piece of cloth or a towel and put it on the shoes for the night. But remember that after such a procedure there may remain a characteristic not quite pleasant smell, so ventilate the steam after treatment.
- If the shoes are strongly rubbed from behind, then you can grease the back from inside with dry soap or wax. Such funds will significantly reduce friction and, therefore, minimize the risk of corns. But this procedure will need to be carried out periodically.
- Narvite newspaper, crumple, wet with water, and then put in shoes. When it dries, blow a pair and walk around in it for at least an hour. The wet material will stretch and take the shape of your foot, stopping rubbing.
- Take a rag, wet it with hot water and literally put it in your shoes for fifteen or twenty minutes. Then remove it and put the shoe over the socks so that it stretches a little.
- Use alcohol. Soak them thick socks, put them on, and then shoes that rubs. Walk until the alcohol completely evaporates. Removing shoes or shoes, you will see that they stretched, softened and stopped pressing. But if the shoes are suede, then it is advisable to use a less strong drink, for example, beer (it can leave a characteristic smell). And do not forget that alcohol can change the color of the material.
- If you have an unnecessary box, then put a pair in it for the night. Under the influence of moisture, the material softens and will not rub hard.
- If you wear rubber shoes, then use the properties of such a material. So, it softens significantly under thermal effects. And this means that you can pour hot water into the boots (about 60-75 degrees) and wait a few minutes. Then pour out the water and quickly put the shoes on a thick sock.
- You can try to warm the shoes, this too can contribute to the softening and stretching of the material. First, wear tight or even warm socks, then directly shoes, shoes or boots that rub. Now take the hair dryer and use it to start warming up your shoes. To enhance the effect, you can periodically sprinkle it with ordinary warm water, vinegar or alcohol.
- To minimize the risk of corns, you can sprinkle the heel and side of the foot with deodorant. It will reduce sweating and, therefore, minimizes the likelihood of rubbing.
- You can lubricate the entire inner surface of the shoe with castor or other vegetable oil, leave it overnight, and then rub it well.
Can I somehow avoid rubbing? Yes, if you follow simple preventive measures:
- To prevent boots, shoes, or shoes from settling down in a year when you are not wearing them, put rags or a crumpled newspaper inside. Then they will stay in shape, and the material will remain the same as it was during socks.
- It is important to choose the right shoes, then calluses will not appear. First, decide on the size and do not aspire to buy a pair of "for growth", and also do not hope that it will stretch. Secondly, choose the suitable and the most convenient model for you.Third, correctly make fitting. It is best to do this in the afternoon, when the legs are a bit swollen. And by all means fully shoe and walk around to appreciate the comfort in motion.
- Do not choose models made from overly rigid materials.
- Apply the plaster to the most friction-prone and vulnerable spots beforehand in order to spread the shoes without damaging the skin.
- Give preference to natural materials, usually they are more elastic and soft.
It remains only to wish everyone a comfortable shoe and the absence of corns!