Where is the heart?
The heart is one of the most important organs of the human body, which pushes the blood into the vessels and takes it from them.
It has the shape of a cone with a moving top and a fixed base. The weight of the heart of a healthy person is 300-350 g. Depending on its shape and weight, the boundaries are determined where the heart of a person is:
- The apex is projected into the 5 mezhrebel 1.5 cm from the left of the middle-clavicle line.
- The upper boundary (base of the heart). This is a horizontal line that runs along the upper edge of the cartilages of the third ribs.
- The right border is 1.5-2 cm outside the middle sternal line from the cartilage of the third to the fifth rib.
- The lower boundary is from the cartilage of the fifth right rib to the apex of the heart.
- The left border of the heart extends from the cartilage of the third rib (the junction of the bone part with the cartilage) to the apex.
Each person, depending on the individual anatomical features of the structure of the body, the boundaries where the heart is located can be displaced.
Some people have a congenital abnormality, such as the “mirror reflection of organs” syndrome. With this syndrome, all the main internal organs have a mirror-like arrangement in comparison with their normal position. In this case, the apex of the heart is facing to the right, that is, the heart is located on the right side, the liver and gallbladder are on the left, the stomach and the spleen on the right. The “mirror image of organs” syndrome occurs in 1 in 10,000 people. If the syndrome is not accompanied by heart defects, then the person can lead a normal life, without complications. However, this syndrome can cause confusion in some doctors during the examination. Since the patient's complaints will be on pain extending from the other side of the body than in people with normal internal organs.
The heart, as everyone knows, cannot be seen through the eyes without surgery. However, it can be palpated. When this is determined:
- The apical impulse that is created by the muscles of the left ventricle. It is necessary to put the palm of the right hand on the chest label on the left side so that the base of the hand is directed to the right side and the fingers to the submuscular region between 3 and 5 ribs. In this case, the thumb should cover the bottom of the left mammary gland.Normally, the top-shaped muscular ring is localized in the 5th meridorium 1-1.5 cm within the median-clavicular line.
- Heart push. It is necessary to put the palm of the right hand to the left of the sternum at the level of 2-4 intercostal space. Normally, a cardiac jolt is not palpable.